Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day One Highlight

So, we're here at Fripp in the nicest house we've stayed in; but the deer are scarce this year. Usually there are (and this is no lie) at least 20 something deer filling the backyard, walking everywhere on the island. This is typically our fisrt form of entertainment after we settle in..feeding the deer. But, we got here and no deer so we put some lines out on the dock to fish a bit and the storm came...SO..we waited and waited. As soon as the last drop fell I decided to take Gaines on the golf cart to go on a Gator hunt. We came to a nearby pond and there he was---BIG gator! Now, to give a little background info, I happen to Love alligators and sharks. They totally fascinate me, so naturally I stop to admire the gator. I'm also no idiot (anymore) and I know better than to walk down the bank where the gator is resting his head and torment him by throwing things at him..not to mention this is majorily illegal. Soon after Gaines and I arrived at the scene (still safely in the g cart) these stupid kids come flying around the corner on their bikes. If I had to guess, they were prolly 8, 10, & 12 years old. So the oldest girl gets OFF of her already too close bike and proceeds to walk DOWN the SMALL bank towards the LARGE gator. Now I did this a bunch when my fam vacayed at Kiawah Island, but learned quickly that they snap quick and can KILL you! But I digress...
I was scared for her and frozen with pure entertainment--I could not leave the scene b/c I just knew he was gonna go friggin nuts on these brainless kids. So I watched--gator boy begins turning his his side to side in the water and slowly inched his way out of the water when idiot child throws another something at him!!!! This time gator boy LUNGES FORWARD AND SNAPS HIS JAWS, CLIPPING HER ARM!!!
I just knew for sure I's gonna be on Tee Vee.

jk--no arm clipping, but the gator did lunge and snap. The other kids were like quickly mounting their bikes, while big sister looks at them and says in her countriest voice Ever... "Oh my gawsh ya'll, I reckon we best be gettin on home. It's prawlly close to eatin time". (no emotion towards bout gettin eatin)
>>>> SAD <<<<
I know I just looked at the gator and he looked at me and we both just shook our heads.

1 comments:

Though I'm an Early, I'm usually always Late! said...

You got me at the edge of my seat! Lovin' the typed accent of the country girl. Hope you're having FUN on FRIPP!