Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gullable Me

Well, I woke up a bit stressed today about FOOD, of all things. And if you're on Facebook, you know what I'm tallking about b/c I posted asking for advice on bfast foods and lunch foods to pack for gralynn. This is the first year I have every had to plan to feed bfast before school. Gaines will eat at his school...but G comes with me to school this...which p.s I am SUPER EXCITED ABOUT!!
So....a friend and I chatted about preservatives. I believe the conveneint foods are making kids crazy these days, but i do not know how to plan and organize myself to cook and prepare fresh foods. I do not know how to meal plan, shop, and cook- so we eat crap! Like all the time!
Wanting to change this---suggestions welcome :0)

As for me being gullable... in my pursuit of healthy knowledge, i clicked an ad for losing 9 lbs in a week...never a good sign..but I did. turns out a real News Anchor did a free trial and blogged about it, posted the link for the products, and reported the amazing results. So I of course click and buy! One of the products is a freakin Mail-In rebate, ha! go figure, but the other was actually free ($1.95 shipping)
Anyway, I did this for two reasons:
1) New season = motivation to change my ways, although I never seem to follow through
2) Drs orders to lose 30 lbs. I was supposed to have lost 30lbs from jan-July, but instead I gained..a bunch, so he extended the deadline to January, giving me another 6 mos!!
Here's hoping :0)
I should get my stuff in a few days and will try it out. If you see me losing weight, you know it works, b/c I sho don't exercise!

1 comments:

The Bridges said...

Chad and I find it easier to NOT eat at all, or eat better during school. By the time lunch comes, we will eat just about anything! You can do it!